I am generally not a big fan of squash…but roasted butternut squash soup, now that’s something I love!! Ideal for a cozy day in and so soothing. Oh, and it’s also Paleo friendly. Enjoy this simple, delightful recipe and share it with our favorite friends. This comforting soup is perfect for any fall or winter evening.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 3 to 3 ½ pounds butternut squash (about 2), seeded, cubed
- Avocado Oil (you can use olive oil or whatever you prefer)
- Salt to taste
- 1 t ground white pepper
- Slices of ginger*
- ¼ t freshly grated nutmeg*
- 5 garlic cloves*
- 3 C broth (I use chicken)
- ½ C Coconut milk (recipes typically call for heavy cream, but I don’t like cream)
- roasted sun flower seeds for garnish*
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the top 7 items and lay onto a baking sheet (line it with foil to save on cleaning)
- Put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- Meanwhile, boil the broth
- Remove the squash from the oven, transfer to your food processor (I use my Vitamix)
- Add the broth and coconut milk to your food processor, process on soup mode
- Ladle into your favorite soup bowl, top it off with sunflower seeds and Enjoy.
You’re going to love this so much, you’re going to want to pack them up and share.
*These ingredients are optional. I tend to like very strong flavors. If you don’t like them, don’t include them…but of course, if you love them, add more!!