What’s cooking? This is an easy weekend recipe that only requires 3 items plus water. Super simple and oh so tasty. And!!! Did I mention, all done in 10 minutes?!?! Easy peasy so that you can eat well and enjoy the rest of ther weekend!
Here’s what you need, Ingredients:
- 2# Broccolini (I prefer the Earthbound Organic Broccolette from Costco), cut into thirds or your preferred bite sizes
- 1 12oz. Package of uncured bacon (I prefer the Trader Joe’s Apple Smoked Bacon), cut about an inch.
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Boil the Broccolini in a boiling pot. Once cooked, drain, shock and drain (again). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry up the bacon in a wok (on medium heat) or a frying pan until crispy
- Remove the bacon, and in the the same pan using the grease from the bacon, add shallots (on medium heat). Allow shallots to carmaleize until brown (2-5 minutes)
- Add the broccolini to the wok or frying pan. Turn the heat high, stir fry for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the bacon to the wok or frying pan, stir fry with the shallots and broccolini for about a minute. Remove from the wok or pan and plate.
Enjoy this with brown rice, or make it a paleo meal by eating it on its own.