As promised, this weekend we are going to be exploring simple Valentine’s Day recipes…it’s just a few weeks away. Have you thought about what you’re going to do for your Valentine?
There’s just something so romantic about chocolate-covered strawberries. Bring them to a party and your guests are going to think WOW…how did you make these? I will show you how and you’re going to be surprised by how easy they are to make. Here’s the recipe that I’ve tweaked from The Food Network.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
- Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls
- Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt.
- With a beater Stir until smooth.
- Once melted, remove the bowls from the heat
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
- Line a sheet pan with waxed paper.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Put the melted white chocolate in zip lock bag and snip the end (the size of a pencil tip); drizzle over the dipped strawberries. OR you can dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.