Ever want something and you don’t like what’s available? Well, that’s how I felt about getting a personalized, raised dog food bowl stand for Ace. I looked on many different sites, and I was this close to spending more money than I’d like on mediocre, unconvincing, not as stylish food stand. Yes, I get it…it’s just a food stand this is certainly a first world problem, but if it’s something I am going to buy once and look at, it best be to my liking. Ain’t nobody got time for that! Yeah…and it’s true, Ace can really give two cents about how his food is being served to him…the guy eats anything!
Do you want to make your own personalized raised dog food stand? Look no further! There’s absolutely no need to spend big bucks. Today’s post is a late post to yesterday’s Make Something Monday…a DIY tutorial on how to make your own Personalized Dog Food Bowl Stand. You can definitely make your own stand, but I loved this one that I found from Kathy Ireland’s Loved Ones line. (Go Kathy!!! What an entrepreneur!!!) It’s timeless and I especially like that it’s adjustable so it’s great for Ace now that he’s a pup and will still work for him when he’s an adult. To customize it, I tweaked it a bit.
If you’d like to customize or personalize our own stand, here’s what you will need:
- A dog food stand (or you can make your own), I loved everything about this one and got this: Kathy Ireland’s Loved Ones line
- Wooden letters
- Krylon Spray Paint (I chose gold)
- Elmer’s Wood glue
- Paint Brush
Here’s what you do:
- Spray paint your letters, allow to dry.
- Once dried, use a paint brush to apply the wood glue
- Apply the letters to the food stand, allow to dry
- Serve and watch your pup his or her favorite food, enjoy!