After taking a two weeks off…Yes, adults need a Spring Break too! It’s already time for Make something Monday! Whoohoo!
It was Tony’s Birthday weekend and because he loves Tres Leches Cake, I thought I’d share with you this Berry (easy peasy) Tres Leches Cake Recipe. I also made this for his birthday Dim Sum Brunch. Tres Leches Cake…It’s not as hard as you may think and it’s YUM!
What are you making this Monday? Whatever it is, may you make it a great Monday and week for that matter.
Here’s my Tres Leches Cake Recipe! Enjoy!!!
Berry Easy Tres Leches Cake
- 1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
- 7 ounces of flour (sifted)
- 1 t of baking soda (sift this with the flour)
- 6 ¾ ounces of sugar
- 5 eggs
- ¼ t vanilla extract
For the cake, Preheat oven @ 350-375 (depending on oven)
- Beat butter until fluffy
- Add sugar little by little @ medium speed (1/4 C at a time)
- Add eggs 1 @ at a time @ medium speed
- Add ¼ t vanilla extract @ medium speed
- Scrap the bottom and mix again
- Add flour & baking soda @ low speed
- Flour your cake tray
- Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack
- Should be golden brown
- Set aside for 15 minutes/ allow to cool
- 1 Can of Condensed Milk (Eagle brand)
- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Can full of half and half OR milk (use the Condensed Milk can to fill it up)
In a large mixing bowl, stir the above miles and set aside.
- 16 ounces of heavy whipping cream
Use the Wire Whip @ medium speed until it becomes like whipped cream
Piecing it all together
- Polk holes with fork all over the cake
- Pour the mixed milks on top
- Spread the whipped cream on top
- Cover with foil & Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving
If you want to make it a double layered/ cake, just double the above. I went ahead and double the recipe to make a two layered cake and to break up the sweetness, I added berries in between the layers. Simply get your favorite seasonal berries, and chop them up. I used strawberries, blackberries and raspberries because a they’re what’s in season. All you need to do is to repeat the instructions for the second layer on top and decorate the topping to your liking…so simple!