Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! The perfect
holiday excuse to celebrate and party, also known as day where amatuers rage.
Cinco de Mayo calls for Carnitas and Margaritas! And today that’s what we’re talking about…carnitas and margaritas! I am so excited to share with my one and only go to, fail proof Carnita recipe. This is the only carnita recipe I’ve ever used (gracias Cyndi for sharing your recipe with me) and did I also mention? It’s baked, paleo and whole 30 approved, and no oil required! (yup…none of that deep friend oil splattering stuff!) AND it only requires 4 ingredient items!
But first, let’s our drink game on….I am leaving this to the pro, my friend Deborah. Not only is she clever, she’s an amazing host and quite the cocktail maker (can I call you that, Deb?)…check out her muy delicisoso recipes aqui: Clever Little Madam’s Margarita Bar All of her concoctions are always a hit!
To absorb the tequila, these carnitas can be served with tortillas, rice, beans, or in a salad (my preference).
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 limes, juiced
- 6-8 garlic cloves (1/2 head of garlic)
- 5 lbs. of pork butt roast or pork shoulder, cut into large chunks (I prefer to get this from Costco or my local Sprouts)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender, combine lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Place pork and garlic/lime marinade in roasting pan. Allow to sit for 30 mins.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 2 – 2.5 hours (until pork is tender).
- Remove foil and pan juices from roasting pan.
- Return to oven for an additional 30 minutes to brown, turning pork, half way through
- You for additional caramelization, add a can of coke or juice of two oranges.